The Calvert City
Park System boasts three beautiful parks totaling 85 acres. All
three parks are conveniently located along East 5th
Avenue and within walking distance of the City's population center.
is serene and peaceful hosting paved lighted walking trails lined
with architectural benches to rest on or just relax and enjoy the
surroundings. Memorial Park's trail links the sidewalk of East 5th
Avenue to East 7th Avenue.
hosting some sports games in its spacious fields, Memorial Park is
moving away from sporting activities to relaxing and performance
Park's grand feature is our performance Amphitheatre. The
Amphitheatre has restroom facilities and electrical service to the
stage. The stage itself is covered to protect performers from the
elements, elevated and approximately 1400 square feet. It is
fronted by a 1500 square foot concrete patio and seating beyond
Most of the
Amphitheatre's performances have been musical in nature; however,
the surrounding environment lends itself to plays and lectures.
Memorial Park is located north of East 5th Avenue behind
the Calvert City Civic Center and Calvert City Hall. Doctor's
Memorial Park was formerly known as North Park. Its name was
changed recently to honor the several Doctor's that moved here in
the early days of Calvert's incorporation and aided in its growth.
These Doctor's include Dr.'s Richard I. Cocke, William 'Bill"
Colburn and Carroll Traylor.
Memorial Park is our sport park. Most sports and league play is at
this park facility. The facilities include two (2) T-ball fields,
three (3) lighted baseball/softball combination fields, one (1)
lighted baseball field with grass infield, multiple soccer fields
ranging in size from U-6 to U-18, a lighted skateboard park and
basketball court. There is playground equipment for the little ones
and several picnic pavilions scattered throughout the complex.
Memorial Park has a paved lighted one-mile walking-running course
which ties into the East 5th Avenue sidewalk.
Old Park is
Calvert's first park and is located south of East 5th
Avenue across the street from the Calvert City Country Club. It
hosts playground equipment and several picnic pavilions in a wooded
setting. Old Park is a lovely place for children to play and
release extra energy, while parents watch and relax on the
City's first baseball/softball field is here and is still utilized
for practice or non-league activities. Old Park is a great location
for family, company, and community special events.
City's Tennis Court which historically was located on this site is
now located across the street from Old Park at the entrance to the
Calvert City Country Club.