Calvert City is a quiet community of almost 3000 people strategically located along the Tennessee River in Western Kentucky. Named for Potilla Calvert, a wealthy landowner whose land gift to the railroad in 1860 provided vital transportation opportunity and encouraged the town’s development, Calvert City was incorporated March 18, 1871
Calvert City is the hub of surface transportation.
The City is the northern terminus of the Julian M. Carroll Purchase Parkway, providing a link to Memphis, Tennessee. Skirted on the south of town by Interstate 24, Calvert City has direct links to Nashville, Tennessee and St. Louis, Missouri. Interstate 24 also provides via the Wendell H. Ford Western Kentucky Parkway connections with Louisville, Kentucky. Calvert City has rail access through the main line of the Paducah and Louisville Railroad and commercial port opportunities on the Tennessee River which borders the town’s westward border.
Calvert City has sixteen industrial plants that are key sources of employment for Western Kentucky. The majority of the industry is related to chemical manufacturers, although some steel and metallurgical plants also call Calvert City home. Industrial service firms are in abundance. The labor force of Calvert City is estimated to be equal or greater than the population.
With excellent educational opportunities from Elementary School to Graduate School, Calvert City’s residents enjoy training opportunities to fill workforce needs. Add to a median family income of just below $50,000.00, excellent regional medical facilities, quality cultural and recreational facilities,. Churches, and good neighbors and you have a great community with Southern charm and a bright future.